Motor racing-Canadian Grand Prix to stay on F1 calendar through 2035


FILE PHOTO: Jun 15, 2025; Montreal, Quebec, Canada; Mercedes driver George Russell (63) during the F1 Canadian Grand Prix at Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve. Mandatory Credit: David Kirouac-Imagn Images/File Photo

(Reuters) -The Canadian Grand Prix in Montreal will stay on the calendar through 2035 after agreeing a four-year extension to the existing deal, Formula One said on Tuesday.

The contract renewal also includes a long-term extension to Bell Media's media rights deal, the Liberty Media-owned sport added.

Last weekend's grand prix at the Circuit Gilles Villeneuve was the 54th edition since the race first featured in the championship in 1967.

The Montreal track, named after the late Ferrari great and father of 1997 world champion Jacques, became the permanent host in 1978.

"I would like to thank the promoter, Octane Racing Group, for their continued efforts in upgrading this iconic venue in recent years, and all local, regional, and national political stakeholders who have worked closely together to make this event what it is today," said F1 chief executive Stefano Domenicali.

The race's previous contract extension was to 2029 but two of those years (2020 and 2021) were during the COVID-19 pandemic when Formula One did not visit and the deal was extended to 2031.

Next year's race will be held earlier than previously with a new May 24 slot after switching with Monaco and aligning more closely with Miami.

(Reporting by Alan Baldwin in London, editing by Christian Radnedge)

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Motorsport

Motor racing-Hamilton says he forgot who he was but has re-set for new season
Motor racing-Leclerc fastest for Ferrari on final day of F1 testing
Motor racing-Russell concerned by Ferrari's fast starts and his slow ones
Motor racing-Honda battery issue adds to Aston Martin's testing woes
Motor racing-F1 will thrill in new engine era and Verstappen sure to stay, Domenicali says
Motor racing-Norris amused by reaction to his comments on new F1 cars
Motor racing-Wolff accuses F1 engine rivals of ganging up against Mercedes
Motor racing-Barcelona to stay on F1 calendar, to alternate with Belgium until 2032
Motor racing-Mercedes end first Bahrain F1 test one-two on the timesheets
Motor racing-Formula E boss invites Verstappen to try electric after F1 car comments

Others Also Read