FIFA lifts player transfer ban on Kelantan Red Warrior FC


KOTA BARU: World football governing body FIFA has lifted a player transfer ban imposed on Kelantan Red Warrior FC, thereby enabling the club to register new foreign players for this season's Malaysia League (M-League) campaign.

Kelantan Red Warrior FC said in a statement that it received a confirmation letter from FIFA dated Jan 22, 2026, stating that the ban on player transfer, imposed on Dec 19, 2025, had been fully lifted.

FIFA explained that proceedings relating to the club were closed after inquiries submitted to former Kelantan FC assistant coach Pol Corpas Cuatrecasa regarding his salary arrears claims went unanswered.

"Following the conclusion of the proceedings, the ban on registering new players that was imposed on Kelantan Red Warrior FC has been permanently lifted," the statement added.

The club's management also emphasised that the issue should not be linked to Kelantan Red Warrior FC as the club is not involved in that matter but it affected several matters, including player registration.

It was previously reported that Kelantan Red Warrior FC, which plays in the A1 Semi-Pro League, had failed to register two foreign players following a FIFA ban imposed on Dec 15, believed to be related to claims against Kelantan FC.

Meanwhile, the club's management said the claims were made by the former Kelantan FC assistant coach and his lawyers, who tried to link Kelantan Red Warrior FC with the former club.

The confirmation from FIFA allows the club to continue the process of registering new players for the 2025-2026 M-League season.

Kelantan Red Warrior FC is currently third in the A1 Semi-Pro League with 32 points from 17 matches. – Bernama

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Football

Soccer-Advocaat names unchanged Curacao squad for island nation's World Cup debut
Soccer-PSG's Dembele to undergo treatment on sore calf
Soccer-Four nations confirm joint bid to host 2028 Africa Cup of Nations
Soccer-Spain's Fermin Lopez set for foot surgery, World Cup in doubt
Soccer-Job not over, says De Zerbi, as Tottenham head to Chelsea with survival close
Soccer-Kakuta named in DR Congo squad for World Cup return
Soccer-Italian Maldera appointed Ukraine coach
Soccer-Mexico City turns football into art as World Cup fever grips the capital
Soccer-Barcelona reward Flick with contract extension after LaLiga triumph
Soccer-Guardiola knows he must solve Bournemouth puzzle to keep title hopes alive

Others Also Read