I TRIED to do a walk-in vaccination on July 27 near my house. I was told by frontliners there that I have been “locked out” of the vaccination process by the MySejahtera app because I had earlier cancelled a June 23 appointment.
The app message said I would be given a new appointment within 30 days of June 23. There has been no new appointment although the 30-day deadline has passed.
The government allowed walk-ins in mid-July for those aged 60 and above. But for me and many who cancelled our first appointment for whatever reasons, we have not been given another date, and neither can we do a walk-in at the designated centres.
I’ve tried to call the MySejahtera hotline 1-800-888-828 since June 23, but there is no one manning the phone. Emails to the helpdesk generate only unhelpful and frustrating automatic responses.
I have gone to two walk-in centres near my house. Volunteers say they cannot help me and neither do they know how to resolve this issue because there is no human contact in MySejahtera.
Please free me and those in a similar predicament from this cumbersome app so that we can go on our way and get vaccinated.