More than 200 children killed in Lebanon in past two months, UNICEF says


FILE PHOTO: A displaced kid reacts to a camera outside his makeshift shelter at a roadside, amid the ongoing hostilities between Hezbollah and Israeli forces, in Beirut, Lebanon November 8, 2024. REUTERS/Adnan Abidi/File Photo

GENEVA (Reuters) - Over 200 children have been killed and 1,100 injured in Lebanon in the past two months, a spokesperson for the U.N. children's agency (UNICEF) said on Tuesday.

"The number of over 200 (children killed) is just in the last two months. It's at least 231 since the start of the war last year," James Elder told a Geneva press briefing in response to a reporter's question about casualties.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In World

Ukrainians mourn missing homes and loved ones after four years of war
Exclusive-Ukraine's 2026 defence exports could hit 'several billion dollars', official says
South Korea's ex-President Yoon apologises after life sentence over martial law
Christine Lagarde intends to complete her term at ECB, she tells WSJ
Banner of Donald Trump unfurled at Justice Department headquarters
The former Prince Andrew went from helicopter pilot to trade envoy to royal pariah
Argentina's lower house passes labor reform, sends to Senate for final vote
Alberta plans referendum to wrest control over immigration from Canadian government
How Reuters captured the photo of former Prince Andrew leaving custody
New Mexico reopens investigation of Epstein ranch

Others Also Read