Duo killed in Kajang shootout were part of a robbery gang, says CID director


KAJANG: The two men shot dead by police here on Monday (May 25) are suspected members of an armed robbery gang that had been active in the Klang Valley and Melaka.

Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department (CID) director Comm Datuk M. Kumar told a press conference here on Tuesday (May 26) that the duo's car was initially flagged by a patrol.

The suspects were ordered to stop in the Bander Seri Putera area in Bangi late Monday night but refused to comply, he said.

"The team initially trailed their car for around 500 metres and shouted to them to stop. Our personnel were wearing police vests to identify themselves as policemen.

"The suspects then fled, leading to a chase," he said.

ALSO READ: Two hardcore criminals killed in shootout

The pursuit ended after a collision at the side of the road and the suspects then fired at the police, he added.

"The police team was then forced to return fire," he said.

Inspections of the suspects' the car after the shooting led to the discovery of a variety of weapons, including a revolver and six rounds of ammunition, and burglary tools, he added.

"Both suspects, aged 25 and 46, had around 30 criminal cases between them, including armed robbery, burglaries and vehicle thefts," Comm Kumar said.

The group would target homes near highways and premises without CCTVs, he added.

"The group is also believed to be aggressive and would injure victims when threatened.

"We are still identifying the exact number of cases linked to this group and the losses suffered by victims. Efforts to track down other members of the group are underway," he said.

On the shooting case in Durian Tunggal that led to the deaths of three people in November 2025, he said that the investigation papers had been referred to the Attorney General's Chambers a fourth time.

"All instructions from the AGC have been acted upon and the papers were resubmitted on Monday (May 25) for further instructions and advice," he said, adding that a total of 63 people have recorded their statements.

When asked about the additional instructions from the AGC, he said it was about continuing recording statements from witnesses.

"It is mainly to clarify several specific facts," said Comm Kumar.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Thunderstorms forecasted for Selangor, Penang, Kedah and Negri until 11am
Easy returns put shoppers at ease
Mat Sabu: Grain maize cultivation to be ramped up
Stop using divisive political rhetoric, leaders urged
Environment pays the price for ‘free returns’ convenience
Ex-1MDB CEO baffled why company dropped suit
Redefining independence through art
Transport price drop eases July inflation
Residential areas off limits
Four men charged with murder of businessman

Others Also Read