Body of missing 11-year-old boy found near NKVE in Damansara Damai


PETALING JAYA: The body of an 11-year-old boy, feared drowned in a river near the NKVE close to Menara FINAS in Damansara Damai, was found on Sunday (May 24), almost a day after he was reported missing.

Selangor Fire and Rescue Department operations assistant director Ahmad Mukhlis Mukhtar said the victim, identified as Paulus Amsal Jimri, was found at about 10.47am by the Water Rescue Team.

He said the department received an emergency call regarding the incident at 4.30pm on Saturday (May 23).

“Initial information from the police indicated that the boy had fallen into the river and gone missing.

“Search operations were carried out by the rescue team using the surface searching technique along a two-kilometre stretch of the river on the first day, but no signs of the victim were found,” he said in a statement on Sunday.

Ahmad Mukhlis said the operation was suspended at 9pm on Saturday due to safety concerns and poor visibility, then resumed at 7.30am on Sunday.

“At 10am, the Selangor Fire and Rescue Department received another emergency call through the NG999 line informing authorities that the body of a young boy had been spotted by the riverbank along Jalan Welfare, Kampung Baru Sungai Buloh.

“The rescue team retrieved the victim’s body at 10.47am, and Health Ministry personnel confirmed the victim had died at 11am,” he said.

He added that family members later identified the body before it was handed over to the police for further action.

“The victim was found about 1.9km from the location where he was believed to have fallen into the river,” he said.

A total of 12 firemen from the Sungai Buloh and Shah Alam fire stations were involved in the operation.

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Thousands flock to Star Education Fair 2026
Malaysia, Slovakia move to deepen cooperation with embassy reopening
Soldier charged with abusing son
PKR leaders must explain their presence at Bersama event, says PKR Youth chief
Alleged sexual misconduct case involving teacher in Setiu under probe
Six Malaysian inmates transferred to Malaysia in 2025: Brunei Minister
Man found dead inside car in baling
PM Anwar praises national sepak takraw regu team after world cup triumph
Lack of clues slowing probe into brutal elephant killing, says Sabah state minister
My Rider campaign timely move to curb commuting mishaps, says Lee

Others Also Read