SHAH ALAM: The suspect arrested after he allegedly unlawfully confined and sexually assaulted a teenage boy in Bukit Kemuning will be charged soon.
Selangor police chief Comm Datuk Shazeli Kahar, at a press conference on Thursday (May 21), said police had received instructions to charge the suspect and that it would be filed in the near future.
"I have been informed that charging instructions have been issued by the deputy public prosecutor’s office and charges will be brought as soon as possible,” he said.
Previously, the former sexual crime convict was arrested in Kuala Lumpur on May 16.
In the incident on May 12, the police were informed about the case involving the 14-year-old victim after he was rescued by neighbours after being locked inside a house for three hours.
Initial investigations found that the suspect deceived the victim by striking up a conversation before offering him a mobile phone internet package, on the condition that the victim help carry items inside the house.
