Man jailed 165 years for raping his two daughters


PETALING JAYA: A 54-year-old man has been sentenced to 165 years in prison and caning after pleading guilty to raping his two daughters.

The man was sentenced at the Sessions Court on Wednesday (April 8) by Judge Suhaila Selag.

He was charged with 11 counts of raping his daughters and received 15 years’ imprisonment for each charge.

The court ordered the sentences to be served consecutively.

The judge also imposed 10 strokes of the cane for each of the 11 charges.

The prosecution was conducted by Muhammad Shahril Haja Mohaideen, assisted by investigating officer Inspector Malati Labpak.

The suspect was charged under Section 376(3) of the Penal Code at the Lahad Datu Sessions Court.

Lahad Datu Deputy Police Chief Supt Jimmy Panyau said the man was arrested following a police report lodged by his daughters.

The report was made at the Tawau Police Station on March 22.

“The suspect was arrested for raping his two daughters, aged 25 and 22, at several locations in Lahad Datu and Tawau," Supt Jimmy said.

Both victims had been abused since they were 15 and 18 years old.

They were often forced to have sexual intercourse under the threat of being beaten if they refused.

The suspect faced five counts of raping his 25-year-old daughter and six counts involving his 22-year-old daughter.

He also faced an additional charge of raping another woman.

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

RM1.7mil gone in 120 seconds: Robbers took only two minutes to rob Genting goldsmith
Forest fire breaks out near MAIS building in Shah Alam
Putting the rapid in RTS Link: Commuters can clear immigration in seconds, claims project director
Merdeka convoys must prioritise road safety, say police
Police obtain several leads in Seri Tambun shooting case
Man nabbed over threatening Facebook post, sword seized
‘No idea why I was dropped’: Former 1MDB CEO denies striking deal to have name removed from US$5.64bil suit
Increase Budi Diesel quota to 500 litres for Sabahans, urges state PKR Youth
Appeals court upholds RM3.4mil order against former Mara Corp group CEO
Sarawak’s sovereign data platform to strengthen AI capabilities, says Abang Jo

Others Also Read