Nine questioned over pupil’s fall into sewage pit


SEREMBAN: Police have recorded statements from nine individuals so far after a pupil fell into a sewage pit at a school in Lenggeng, Nilai, several days ago.

Negri Sembilan police chief Datuk Alzafny Ahmad said those who have been questioned inclu­ded the complainant, teachers and pupils from the school.

“We will also record four more statements from representatives of the Public Works Department, Indah Water Konsortium Sdn Bhd and the National Water Services Commission.

“The investigation is ongoing under Section 31(1)(a) of the Child Act 2001 (Act 611) and we urge the public to refrain from speculation as it may hinder investigation,” he told Bernama.

He added that there was no CCTV footage at the scene of the incident.

On Saturday, Abdul Fatah Khairol Rizal, 9, died after falling into a sewage pit at the school.

Education Minister Fadhlina Sidek said on Sunday that the ministry, together with the Negri Sembilan Education Department, were responsible for conducting a thorough investigation into the tragedy.

She said a complete inves­tigation report would be submitted soon for further action to prevent similar incidents in the future.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Housewife charged again over offensive post against King
Wiring faults leading cause of fires involving heritage building in Penang, says Bomba
Penang Pakatan remains open to working with Barisan, says Chow
Barisan to continue maintaining understanding in Unity Govt, says Zambry
MBI Selangor denies involvement in Bernam Maritime Industrial Park project
Anti-sexual harassment tribunal resolved 69 cases so far this year, says Nancy
Court acquits former Perlis MB's son of RM19,505 false claim charge
Nancy: We are monitoring the sexual harassment case in Sarawak involving police officer
Mindef to strengthen local defence industry, says Khaled
Woman fined RM2,000 for offering sexual services

Others Also Read