GRS govt has not failed, says Hajiji


KOTA KINABALU: Chief Minister Datuk Seri Hajiji Haji Noor has rejected the opposition’s claim that the Gabungan Rakyat Sabah (GRS) government has failed.

He said if the state government had failed, it would not have been able to provide extensive assistance to the people or raise the state’s revenue to over RM7bil, from only RM4bil previously.

“The opposition only knows how to spread lies on social media. During their two-and-a-half years in power, they had no proper planning, yet now they talk as if they know everything,” he said, referring to the Parti Warisan administration under Datuk Seri Mohd Shafie Apdal from 2018 to 2020.

Speaking at the SMJ Community Engagement Programme in Kampung Pantai Emas, Kota Belud, yesterday, Hajiji said many initiatives that Warisan often claims credit for was what had been implemented long before they came to power.

He said for example, the Sabah Native Land Surveying Programme was launched before Warisan’s time, but they speak as though it was initiated by them.

“I must highlight this so the people of Kota Belud are not misled by the opposition’s rhetoric,” he said.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Drug gangs busted with seizures worth RM17.8mil in KLIA, Ampang Jaya
Safety code for online takedown of child sexual abuse materials to be in force next month
AG, Public Prosecutor separation Bill to be re-tabled June 22, says Azalina
PKR can prove Rafizi and Nik Nazmi joined Bersama before vacating seats, says sec-gen
Three South Koreans plead not guilty to kidnapping, demanding nearly RM40mil ransom
Court to decide on Zizie Izette’s graft case on July 20
Job placement for registered refugees to help ease critical workforce issues, says Saifuddin
S'wak to teach Computer Science and Design in English from 2029
Cops submit investigation papers of fatal Petaling Jaya crash to AGC
Smugglers turn to rivers, coastal routes amid tighter controls, cops say

Others Also Read