Suspects’ ID still unknown, cops tracing phone account of assailants on Rafizi’s son


KUALA LUMPUR: The police are still tracking down the assailants of the son of former minister Datuk Seri Rafizi Ramli, says Selangor chief Comm Datuk Shazeli Kahar.

He said investigators have yet to identify the suspects, while a detailed probe is underway on the threats received by Rafizi and his wife via smartphone messages following the incident.

He confirmed that police would work with other agencies to trace the owner of the phone line used to send the threats.

“The motive behind this case is still unknown. We are conducting a thorough investigation, including the statements that have been recorded so far.

“We will only be able to determine the motive once the suspects are identified,” he said when contacted on Friday (Aug 15).

Comm Shazeli said the police are also reviewing closed-circuit television (CCTV) footage from the scene, which has proven only partially helpful.

"The case is being investigated under Section 507 of the Penal Code for criminal intimidation by anonymous communication.

"So far, statements from six individuals, including Rafizi’s son, have been recorded," he said.

The attack took place at about 2pm on Wednesday (Aug 13) at a shopping mall in Putrajaya, where the 12-year-old boy was injected with a liquid by two men on a motorcycle.

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Escaped Immigration detainees easily identifiable with bright green uniforms, shaved heads
Indonesian police arrest 72 people suspected of starting forest fires
Immigration truck crash: 'I have to be strong for my mother'
No guerrilla incursion into Kelantan following south Thai attacks, says GOF
Second boy found drowned, search operation in Keningau ends
Almost RM730mil spent on welfare aid for seniors, OKU, chronically ill this year
Sabah eyes promoting fishing as an international niche sports tourism product
Police issue 75 summonses, seize 31 bikes in anti-illegal racing ops on Second Link
Four nabbed, 3.4 tonnes of cooking oil seized in raid on smuggling ring in Terengganu
Pedestrian killed crossing SPRINT Highway near Damansara toll

Others Also Read