Police providing extra security for Rafizi and family


SHAH ALAM: Extra security has been put in place for Datuk Seri Rafizi Ramli and his family following the attack on the former minister's son.

Selangor police chief Comm Datuk Shazeli Kahar confirmed that policemen would be assigned to provide the extra security.

"However, I cannot divulge more details," he told reporters at the state police headquarters on Thursday (Aug 14).

So far, police have recorded the statements of six individuals, including Rafizi, his wife and the victim, said Comm Shazeli.

He also said Rafiizi's son is in stable condition.

"The boy was jabbed on his left arm with a syringe. A blood sample has been taken and we are waiting for the results," he said.

Rafizi's son was attacked at a shopping mall in Putrajaya on Wednesday (Aug 13).

The culprits grabbed the victim before injecting him with some sort of liquid.

More to come

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Flood situation worsens in northern Sabah as evacuees rise to 4,761
TB outbreak: Johor Ramadan bazaar SOPs unchanged, says exco rep
Bersatu crisis: Raub, Lipis divisions dissolved today
Smooth traffic reported on several main highways as at 9.40pm
Health Ministry accelerates efforts to strengthen food safety control to achieve target by 2030
Pahang Sultan, Tengku Ampuan express sadness, sympathy at Trooper Indiran's death
Perak urges use of reusable bags ahead of ban on single-use plastics
Ramadan bazaars: A beloved annual tradition for Malaysians
Bersatu appoints new task force to restructure divisions, wings
Madani govt component parties must strengthen cohesion to realise people's mandate, says Zaliha

Others Also Read