69 detained in Immigration raid on KL entertainment centres


PETALING JAYA: The Immigration Department detained 69 individuals, including 31 foreign nationals, in a raid on two entertainment venues along Jalan Klang Lama in Kuala Lumpur.

Immigration director-general Datuk Zakaria Shaaban said those arrested included 26 foreign women and 38 Malaysians. The foreign nationals, aged between 23 and 35, comprised 14 from Thailand, seven each from Laos and Vietnam, two from Bangladesh and one from Singapore.

He said the group was held for various immigration offences, including lacking identification documents, overstaying visas and misusing permits, all violations under the Immigration Act 1959/63 (Act 155).

"Intelligence revealed the clubs had been operating for the past two years,” Zakaria said in a statement today (April 16).

During the raid, several women were seen entertaining local and foreign customers. The venues were found to be employing foreign women as hostesses, working from 3pm to 2am.

Patrons satisfied with the service reportedly rewarded the women with coloured sashes, differentiated by number and colour, ranging in value from 100 to 5,000, based on the level of service provided.

All detainees have been transferred to the Bukit Jalil Immigration Detention Depot for further investigation.

Zakaria said enforcement will continue under the Act 155, the Passport Act 1966, Immigration Regulations 1963 and the Anti-Trafficking in Persons and Anti-Smuggling of Migrants Act 2007 (ATIPSOM). — Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
Immigration Department , Raid , Vice , Nice

Next In Nation

The growing pain in Malaysia’s big toes
Malaysians looking forward to long break
Immigration Dept detains 24 foreigners in anti-prostitution raid
Fuel prices May 21-27: Diesel, unsubsidised RON95, RON97 prices increased
IJM Corp share acquisition: Two individuals under MACC investigation
Royal Press Office urges stern action over fake TikTok account impersonating, insulting King
Malaysia awaiting results of Saudi probe into detention of five Malaysians in Mecca
MACC seeks AGC's assistance to contact individuals in Taiwan, UK on RM1.1bil investment case
Govt urged to include tour buses under diesel subsidy scheme
No need for by-elections for Pandan and Setiawangsa, says EC

Others Also Read