Subang Jaya inferno: No fatalities reported so far, says Health Minister


– Bernama

SERDANG: There have been no fatalities reported so far from the gas pipeline fire on Jalan Putra Harmoni, Putra Heights, Subang Jaya, says Datuk Seri Dr Dzulkefly Ahmad (pic).

The Health Minister said all 104 victims, including children, who are still being treated in four public hospitals and five private hospitals, are in stable condition.

"All the victims are stable, they are not in the intensive care unit (ICU), only in regular wards or surgical wards and none are on ventilators (breathing assistance devices).

"However, there are victims who suffered second- and third-degree burns," he told reporters at Sultan Idris Shah Hospital here on Tuesday (April 1).

Earlier, Dzulkefly accompanied Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim's wife, Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail, to visit affected victims.

Dzulkefly said that the public, especially those living near the incident site, are advised to seek treatment as soon as possible if they experience symptoms such as difficulty breathing, headaches and burns.

"Do not hesitate and immediately go to the health facility for an examination," he said.

In addition, Dzulkefly said so far, there have been no patients experiencing shortness of breath symptoms at public health facilities.

He said his department has not yet been able to identify the gas inhaled by victims and said the matter is not under the jurisdiction of the Health Ministry.

Earlier, Selangor Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari, in a Facebook post, said that the fire was completely extinguished at 3.45pm.

Meanwhile, Selangor Fire and Rescue Department assistant director of operations Ahmad Mukhlis Mukhtar said the fire involved a 500m gas pipe which leaked near a public housing area. – Bernama

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Escaped Immigration detainees easily identifiable with bright green uniforms, shaved heads
Indonesian police arrest 72 people suspected of starting forest fires
Immigration truck crash: 'I have to be strong for my mother'
No guerrilla incursion into Kelantan following south Thai attacks, says GOF
Second boy found drowned, search operation in Keningau ends
Almost RM730mil spent on welfare aid for seniors, OKU, chronically ill this year
Sabah eyes promoting fishing as an international niche sports tourism product
Police issue 75 summonses, seize 31 bikes in anti-illegal racing ops on Second Link
Four nabbed, 3.4 tonnes of cooking oil seized in raid on smuggling ring in Terengganu
Pedestrian killed crossing SPRINT Highway near Damansara toll

Others Also Read