Boy who choked on gummy candy dies


GEORGE TOWN: The 10-year-old boy, who had been in a critical condition at at the Penang Hospital (HPP) Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) after reportedly choking on a gummy candy, died on Thursday (Feb 20) night.

The news was confirmed by the Year Four pupil’s aunt, Siti Farhani Muhammad Fikri, 33.

When contacted, Siti Farhani said her nephew died at 11pm at the HPP PICU.

"I was told by Mohammad Fahmi Hafiz’s mother that he passed away a short while ago. 

"He will be buried in his grandmother’s hometown in Permatang Binjai once all the hospital processes are completed,” she added.

Mohammad Fahmi Hafiz Mohammad Fakhruddin, a student at SK Sungai Dua in Butterworth, was reported to be in critical condition at the HPP PICU on Wednesday after choking on a gummy candy he bought outside the school premises. - Bernama

 

 

 

 

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

JPJ to intensify drone use to detect traffic offences over Aidiladha period
PM Anwar holds phone call with Tamil Nadu chief minister Vijay
Onn Hafiz says he was target of sophisticated 'mercenary spyware' attack
Teacher detained to assist probe into sexual assault of schoolboy in Mersing
Debt collector pleads guilty to sexual assault, wrongful confinement and robbery
GSF 2.0: Released Malaysians safe in Istanbul, expected home on Sunday
Reform task force recommends using local firms to advise govt, digitalise more services�
PAS issues gag order on members over party ties issue
Bersama to contest in Pakatan, BN and Perikatan strongholds, says Nik Nazmi
MACC to appeal Singapore dismissal of RM548mil asset restraining order

Others Also Read