SHAH ALAM: Police have arrested five Bangladesh nationals, including two women, to help in the investigation of a murder at Section 7 here.
Shah Alam OCPD Asst Comm Mohd Iqbal Ibrahim said the five suspects, aged between 33 and 53, including the main suspect, were detained at 1.49pm on Friday (Feb 14) in front of a grocery store in the area.
He said their arrest followed a call to the authorities at 8.26am the same day, reporting an incident where a person had been attacked with a sharp weapon in front of the store.
"Police officers and an ambulance from Hospital Shah Alam were immediately dispatched to the scene.
"A man lying in front of the store was examined by a medical officer and confirmed dead with multiple injuries to the head, body, and hands from a sharp object.
"Preliminary investigations found that the deceased was a 45-year-old Bangladeshi man working as a supervisor at the store,” he said in a statement on Saturday (Feb 15).
ACP Iqbal said several witnesses at the scene claimed they had heard an argument inside the store between the deceased and one of his employees regarding delayed salary payment.
"The situation escalated when a physical struggle broke out.
"The deceased was allegedly attacked with a meat cleaver and repeatedly slashed until he collapsed,” he said.
He added that none of the suspects had criminal records and also tested negative for drugs.
They have been remanded until Friday (Feb 21) for investigation under Section 302 of the Penal Code for murder.
Witnesses or those with information on the case are urged to contact senior criminal investigation officer ASP Mohd Afandi Ahmad at 016-7252948. – Bernama
