High Court dismisses Perlis FA's bid for injunction to stop FAM congress


KANGAR: The Kangar High Court dismissed an application by the Perlis Football Association (PFA) for an injunction to prevent the Football Association of Malaysia (FAM) from conducting its 61st Congress scheduled to take place on Feb 15.

This was confirmed by PFA president Zamri Ibrahim after the hearing of the application for the order which took place before Judge Dr Arik Sanusi Yeop Johari via Zoom on Friday (Feb 7).

"The injunction was rejected," Zamri told Bernama briefly via WhatsApp.

Meanwhile, on the PFA suit against FAM, Zamri said the judge ordered the suit to be referred for arbitration.

In December last year, the PFA, as the plaintiff through Messrs Zamri Ibrahim & Co, filed an application for the injunction, naming 20 defendants, including FAM, its president Tan Sri Hamidin Mohd Amin, vice-president Datuk Mohd Joehari Mohd Ayub and the Malaysian Sports Commissioner.

The PFA also filed a suit against FAM to challenge the decision to suspend the association as an affiliate of the parent body during the FAM Executive Committee Meeting on Dec 4, 2024. - Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
PFA , FAM , injunction , summon , High Court , Kangar , Zamri Ibrahim

Next In Nation

TB outbreak: Mask up at crowded places like Ramadan bazaars, public urged
Public inspection for LRT Mutiara Line extension linking Penang Island, Seberang Perai
12 police personnel suspended over cryptocurrency theft
Bill to cap PM’s term at 10 years to be tabled on Monday
Cops nab man connected to 2025 intimidation case
Police to call several individuals in probe over alleged share ownership by Azam Baki
DAP special congress is part of party's internal process, says Fahmi
Sabah flood: Number of victims increased to 3,768 people at noon
Prioritise welfare of police personnel, says Dr Wan Azizah
Traffic slows on major expressways as at noon

Others Also Read