Special task force to investigate bus electrocution incident, says Loke


PETALING JAYA: A special task force will be formed to investigate the case of a teenager who was electrocuted while charging his cellphone on an inter-state express bus, says Transport Minister Anthony Loke.

He said the task force will be made up of personnel from the Land Public Transport Agency (APAD), Road Transport Department (RTD), and the Malaysian Institute of Road Safety Research (Miros).

"The ministry views this incident very seriously. I have ordered APAD to impound the bus in question with immediate effect for the RTD to carry out further investigations," he said.

Loke added that the task force will investigate the cause of the electrocution to ensure passenger safety and prevent such incidents in the future.

ALSO READ: Eighteen-year-old dies after electrocution on express bus in Butterworth

The minister also extended his condolences to the family of the 18-year-old victim.

According to police, the teenager was found lying motionless in his seat on the express bus at Penang Central at 6pm on Saturday (Nov 2).

Witnesses said the victim was heard screaming before being seen frothing at the mouth.

The victim, who had earlier boarded the bus from KL Sentral, was declared dead by paramedics who arrived at the scene minutes later.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Indonesian police arrest 72 people suspected of starting forest fires
Immigration truck crash: 'I have to be strong for my mother'
No guerrilla incursion into Kelantan following south Thai attacks, says GOF
Second boy found drowned, search operation in Keningau ends
Almost RM730mil spent on welfare aid for seniors, OKU, chronically ill this year
Sabah eyes promoting fishing as an international niche sports tourism product
Police issue 75 summonses, seize 31 bikes in anti-illegal racing ops on Second Link
Four nabbed, 3.4 tonnes of cooking oil seized in raid on smuggling ring in Terengganu
Pedestrian killed crossing SPRINT Highway near Damansara toll
Puteri Umno hopes to field candidates in Melaka polls

Others Also Read