GISB probe: Six business premises linked to group detected in Perlis


KANGAR: Six business premises believed to be linked to GISB Holdings Sdn Bhd (GISB) have been found in Perlis based on a check by the Kangar Perlis Municipal Council.

Its president Affendi Rajini Kanth said the premises were, however, no longer in operation.

He said this was based on checks made by the council a day after the Perlis fatwa committee ruled that the beliefs and teachings in GISB were deviant.

"The council monitors premises licenses and compliance with the conditions set. Based on records, all these premises comply with prescribed procedures and had valid licenses," he told Bernama on Thursday (Sept 26).

Affendi said the council would check if other business premises in the state are linked to GISB.

Bernama previously reported that some 63 items related to GISB were seized by the Perlis Islamic Religious Affairs Department (Jaips) enforcement division last Saturday.

This followed a joint raid by Jaips and the police codenamed Ops Global at two premises in Perlis.

Among the items seized were books and reading materials linked to the late Ashaari Mohammad of the al-Arqam sect, which was banned by the government in 1994. – Bernama

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
GISB , Affendi Rajini Kanth , Perlis , Kangar

Next In Nation

GOF nabs four, seizes RM1.1mil worth of gold mining equipment
IIUM strips controversial academic of titles following April dismissal
Shift from 'sick care' to prevention to stop RM64bil NCD toll, says Dzulkefly
One dead, teen missing after being swept away in Keningau river
Timah Tasoh Dam hits critical level as Perlis prepares cloud-seeding
Man, 62, arrested for beating 80-year-old neighbor with steel rod in Penang
Umno will not enter PN pact in Melaka blindly, says Zahid
After Anwar's open invitation, Tian Chua hopes PKR will reinstate him as a member
10 undocumented migrants flee Tanah Merah Immigration Depot, says Police
90 heat-related illness cases reported so far this year, says Health Minister

Others Also Read