Zayn Rayyan murder: Cops to extend remand for parents


PETALING JAYA: The remand order for the parents of murdered six-year-old Zayn Rayyan Abdul Matiin will be extended, say police.

Selangor police chief Comm Datuk Hussein Omar Khan confirmed the matter when contacted.

"Yes, the remand will be extended tomorrow," he said.

ALSO READ: New counsel for couple

Both parents were arrested in Puncak Alam on May 31.

Besides the boy’s parents, police have also called up three individuals, including the autistic child’s former babysitter.

On Dec 5, Zayn Rayyan was reported missing in Damansara Damai and his body was later found near a stream about 200m from his home at the Idaman Apartment.

A post-mortem revealed injuries to his neck and body, leading to the conclusion that he had been killed.

ALSO READ: Remain patient, give police space to investigate Zayn Rayyan's murder thoroughly, says IGP

During the investigation, police forensic teams combed the location where the body was found as well as the surrounding areas in Damansara Damai.

A mass DNA screening was also conducted, and 228 samples were collected.

Witnesses, including those who claimed to have last seen the boy alive, were also brought to the scene to assist investigators.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

No price gouging during Ramadan, Sabah consumer group urges businesses
Fashion designer Jovian Mandagie fails in appeal against bankruptcy order
Police hunt 36 wanted individuals
Bills to limit PM’s tenure, split AG–PP roles to be tabled Monday
Fisheries Act amendment to strengthen marine mammal conservation
Thousands affected as overnight downpour triggers Paitan floods
Three rural areas in Sabah declared disaster zones after floods
Severe rain warning issued for several areas in Sabah
INTERACTIVE: A peek into the balik kampung exodus
MMA calls for stronger action against illegal clinics in Kuala Lumpur

Others Also Read