Ebit Lew's defence claims prosecution dropped Mondy Tattoo rape case


KUALA LUMPUR: The prosecution will not proceed with the rape case involving Indonesian woman Mondy Tattoo against the well-known preacher, says Ebit Lew’s defence.

Lawyer Datuk Akberdin Abdul Kader, representing Ebit—whose full name is Ebit Irawan Ibrahim Lew—said the police have investigated the case, but the prosecution has decided not to pursue it.

"Ebit will not be accused in court, even the case items, including the mobile phone and SIM card belonging to my client, were returned yesterday,” he said on Thursday (June 6).

On Sept 29 last year, the police called several individuals to assist in the investigation into allegations of sexual harassment and defamation involving Ebit Lew, Mondy, and rapper Caprice.

On Sept 15 of the same year, Caprice uploaded a video featuring Mondy as a guest.

The video implied that the plaintiff had committed sexual harassment and taken advantage of Mondy, and also suggested he was irresponsible and a religious hypocrite.

Ebit, the plaintiff, claimed that Caprice—who is also the first defendant—had maliciously published the video without verifying the facts with him or his lawyer.

Following the video's publication, followers of Caprice's YouTube account allegedly made many negative comments, insults, and slanderous remarks.

The plaintiff also claimed that defamatory statements made by Caprice and Mondy caused him to be ridiculed, mocked, and humiliated.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Illegal gold mining threatens lives, environment, says Kelantan MB
Smart campus tech framework to drive UKKM development, says Sim
Kota Baru man found dead in bathroom
GSF 2.0: All 428 activists released, Malaysians expected home on May 24
Royal decree should be viewed as guidance, not political interference, says Tengku Zafrul
Man found dead in pool of blood outside Pekan Nenas restaurant
Federal Highway motorcycle lane upgrade to be done in August
Gold mining tragedy in Jeli leaves pregnant mother of four widowed
Jakoa denies restricting entry of outsiders into Orang Asli villages
Zara Qairina inquest: Perceived child-parent conflict not direct factor in death, says psychiatrist

Others Also Read