Floods: Second relief centre opens in Negri


SEREMBAN: A second flood relief centre has been opened in Negri Sembilan following continuous rain in several areas bringing the number of evacuees in the state to 70, says the state Command Centre (NesCOM).

The second centre was opened at the Kg Nerambai surau in Rembau at 12.30pm on Wednesday (April 17).

NeSCOM said as of 2pm, 60 victims were housed at the Permatang Pasir community hall in Port Dickson while 10 others were moved to Kg Nerambai surau in Rembau.

Of the 70 victims from nine families, 39 were women and 16 men.

Earlier on Wednesday morning, NeSCOM said only the Permatang Pasir community hall had been opened following flash floods in Port Dickson.

The centre was opened at 4.08am and accommodated 46 victims from two families.

It said several rivers recorded readings at alert and dangerous levels as of 7am Wednesday, namely Sungai Linggi and Sungai Triang in Jelebu.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!
   

Next In Nation

Female sun bear captured in Tanah Merah
Singapore to work closely with Malaysia in support of its Asean chairmanship in 2025
Missing teenager found dead on Broga Hill
Spain, Norway and Ireland formally recognise a Palestinian state as EU rift with Israel widens
Man killed by lightning in Sungai Petani
Zahid arrives in Beijing, last stop in official China trip
Nine out of 10 fires in Perlis are open burning cases, says Bomba
Ministry to finalise study on elevated autonomous rapid transit system by August, says Johor exco member
'Why must we register with Budi when there's Padu?' MP asks govt
Chef Wan apologises for Aishwarya Rai dress post

Others Also Read