GEORGE TOWN: The four Bangladeshi workers who were initially thought to be pinned under the rubble when large concrete beams at the construction of a logistic complex collapsed have been released from police custody.
Southwest OCPD Supt Kamarul Rizal Jenal said the four were initially held for investigation on Wednesday (Nov 29).
"We held them to assist in investigations and speak to them.
"They were released on the same day (Nov 29)," he said on Thursday (Nov 30).
Meanwhile, the two workers who sustained serious injuries are currently undergoing treatment at the Penang Hospital.
The Star was told that arrangements are being made for the necessary surgery now.
One sustained a nose fracture, while the other had multiple fractures.
On Tuesday (Nov 28), night a building under construction collapsed in Batu Maung near Bayan Lepas here.
Three foreign workers died while two others suffered serious injuries and were sent to Penang Hospital for treatment.
Four others who were initially thought to be buried in the rubble were found safe after they fled the site during the incident.
It was reported that in March last year, Titijaya Land Berhad and DHL Supply Chain (M) Sdn signed a Memorandum of Agreement (MoA) to develop the logistics complex in Bayan Lepas.
It will comprise an office, automatic rack systems, a warehouse and various utilities.