Man who threatened Edu Minister to be charged, says Ayob Khan


IPOH: The investigation paper in the case of threats against Education Minister Fadhlina Sidek on social media has been submitted to the Attorney General's Chambers, says Comm Datuk Seri Ayob Khan Mydin Pitchay.

The Deputy Inspector-General of Police said the 28-year-old male suspect is being investigated under Section 507 of the Penal Code (criminal intimidation by anonymous communication) and Section 233 of the Communications and Multimedia Act 1998 (improper use of network facilities).

ALSO READ: Man arrested over online threats to Education Minister

“The investigation paper has been submitted for the purpose of bringing charges against the suspect.

“We have also been instructed to get a forensic report from the Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC),” he told reporters after attending the Royal Malaysia Police 69 Commando's 54th anniversary celebrations at the Sultan Nazrin Shah marching field in Ulu Kinta near here on Wednesday (Nov 8).

Bukit Aman CID chief Comm Datuk Seri Mohd Shuhaily Mohd Zain had said, in a statement on Saturday (Nov 4), that the man was arrested a day earlier in Setapak, Kuala Lumpur.

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

King to grace ceremony to install first ECRL track tomorrow
Man who allegedly murdered parents nabbed at Penchala tunnel
Work on bringing in more investments, says Sultan
Sultan calls for local government to be more proactive
Body encased in cement identified as Indian national
Madani event may go on tour following encouraging response
K9 unit sniffing out clues for evidence
On the right course to integrity
Residents fear for their kids
Plenty of career opportunities at myStar Job Fair

Others Also Read