MACC to hand documents on Muhyiddin’s son-in-law to cops
KAJANG: The Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) will submit additional documents to the police tomorrow to complete the Interpol Red Notice on two individuals, including the son-in-law of former prime minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.
MACC chief commissioner Tan Sri Azam Baki said it follows Interpol’s latest request for Malaysia to complete more information, required for the issuance of the notice.
“Interpol recently asked for some specific documents to be fulfilled. So, we will supply the documents as required.
“The documents are related to the draft of the charges and others. This is a requirement from Interpol, and MACC will supply them to police as soon as possible, which is on Monday,” he said.
He was speaking to reporters after attending the MACC Together with the Media 2023 programme, in conjunction with the commission’s 56th anniversary, at the Prison College shooting range, here yesterday, reported Bernama.
On Friday, Deputy Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Ayob Khan Mydin Pitchay said that the Interpol Red Notice application on the two individuals was still in the process of being completed, due to a number of technical issues, which are currently still in the process of being updated by the MACC.
Last month, Azam told the media that Muhyiddin’s son-in-law, Datuk Seri Muhammad Adlan Berhan, 48, and Mansoor Saat, 69, were required to appear before MACC to help the investigation into a case of misappropriation, involving the registration, recruitment and biometric storage of foreign workers in a ministry.
However, a check with the Immigration Department found that both individuals left Malaysia on May 17 and 21 respectively, with no records of them re-entering the country.
Meanwhile, commenting on the issue of alleged corruption and abuse of power in the issue of rare earth element (REE) mining, involving Kedah Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Mohamad Sanusi Md Noor, Azam said that the decision on whether the leader will be charged will be known in three weeks.
“The case has been submitted to the deputy public prosecutor and I expect the DPP will make a decision within the next three weeks,” he said.
Last Monday, Sanusi confirmed that he had given his statement to MACC over the REE issue.
In July, the media reported that 10 state exco members were called to give statements to MACC to assist in the investigation into the REE case.
On July 19, it was also reported that a senior officer of Kedah Mentri Besar Incorporated (MBI) and a woman who is a director of a company, were arrested by the MACC to assist in the investigation of a corruption case of more than RM13mil and abuse of power involving the REE mining issue.
Then on July 20, Azam was reported to have said that MACC had recorded the statements of 12 individuals, to assist in the investigation related to the case.