Toll fare cut for six expressways in Klang Valley, says PM


SHAH ALAM: The government has agreed to reduce the toll fare for six expressways in the Klang Valley, says Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

"To show concern for the problems faced by the rakyat due to the rising cost of living, the government has also agreed to the proposal for the restructuring of the four concession companies under Projek Lintasan Kota Holdings Sdn Bhd (Prolintas) and to reduce the toll.

"The expressways involved are the Ampang–Kuala Lumpur Elevated Highway (AKLEH), Guthrie Corridor Expressway (GCE), Kemuning –Shah Alam Highway (LKSA) and Kajang Dispersal Link Expressway (SILK) which will come into effect at 12.01am this Oct 20," the caretaker Prime Minister said when opening the Damansara-Shah Alam (DASH) expressway on Thursday (Oct 13).

The restructuring exercise will see the government saving as much as RM8.8bil in compensation which is supposed to be paid to the concession companies involved, he added.

ALSO READ: SUKE Phase 1 opens on Sept 16, toll-free for one month

He also said that toll for the Kajang-Seremban Highway (Lekas) and the Sungai Besi Expressway (Besraya) under IJM Corporation Bhd will be reduced on Jan 1, 2023.

Earlier in his speech, Ismail Sabri said that the DASH expressway is an alternative route for road users from Shah Alam to Kuala Lumpur.

"It will ease traffic congestion, travel time and traffic flow more effectively in areas between the two cities.

"It is expected to help smooth traffic along Persiaran Mokhtar Dahari, Jalan Sungai Buloh and Persiaran Surian by 40% which will save up to 30 minutes compared to an hour and a half during peak hours," he said.

More to come

Article type: free
User access status:
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Asst medical officer remanded over bribery in Pahang
Company director charged with offering RM50,000 bribe to police officer
Budget 2023: State govt has requested for RM3bil allocation, says Perak MB
Discussions in progress on AG's successor, says PM
Malaysia sending a second SMART to Turkiye
Covid-19: Parts of vaccine procurement signed off without AG's approval, says Anwar
Logger injured in Terengganu sun bear attack
Temporary closure of Pantai Mawar in Mersing
1MDB trial: My late-night chats with Jho Low was about moving funds to Umno, says ex-banker
Maqis detains container for misleading documents in Johor Baru

Others Also Read