Two arrested for multiple break-ins of veteran newsman's home


PETALING JAYA: Two suspects linked to the serial house break-in of veteran journalist Subramaniam Harihar have been arrested.

When contacted, Petaling Jaya deputy police chief Supt Ku Mashariman Ku Mahmood confirmed the arrests.

"One suspect is a foreigner and the other is local. They were caught on Saturday (Aug 6).Both will be remanded until Wednesday (Aug 10) to assist in investigations," said Supt Ku Mashariman.

When asked if the same groups were responsible for the break-ins, Supt Ku Mashariman said that it would be investigated if that was the case.

Speaking to The Star previously, Subramaniam, 79, said that his house had been broken into four times since July, with the most recent one on Aug 4.

Valuables like silverware, brass lamps, watches and other items worth more than RM100,000 were lost during the multiple break-ins at his home.

What is worse is that these items are priceless as they are a reminder of his wife, who passed away in 2014.

Article type: free
User access status:
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

House rental agent arrested for scam in KK
Case management for Rosmah's appeal in solar case set for Nov 14
20 soldiers detained for robberies at sea, says Home Ministry
Syabu most seized drug in KL, says police
18 detained in connection with kidnapping Palestinian man
King grants audience to Turkish Parliament Speaker
Social media, messaging apps linked to over 600 sexual crimes against children below 18, Parliament told
Over RM2.5bil lost to phone scams since 2018, says Home Minister
Malaysia marks sixth consecutive term in ICAO Council
LHDN withdraws income tax appeal against Najib's daughter

Others Also Read