'I accept court's decision, will work with legal team on defence', says Zahid


KUALA LUMPUR: We will accept the judge's decision and will continue to do so when I enter my defence, says Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi.

Speaking to the media outside the courtroom on Monday (Jan 24), the Umno president said that he and his legal team have accepted High Court judge Justice Collin Lawrence Sequerah's decision for Ahmad Zahid to enter his defence on all 47 corruption charges involving millions of ringgit from charitable foundation Yayasan Akalbudi (YAB).

“This is the ultimate decision of the judge and our compliance will not cease. I and my lawyers will do what is required under the procedures set by the court,” he said in a short statement outside the court complex here before leaving around 10.40am.

Earlier on Monday (Jan 24), Justice Collin Lawrence Sequerah ordered Ahmad Zahid to enter his defence on all 47 charges involving millions of ringgit from his charity foundation Yayasan Akalbudi (YAB).

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

Immigration system disruption due to overloading, says Home Minister
Grandaunt and mum held over abuse of two children
Wan Junaidi: Allow locals to harvest crocodiles
Umno says Zuraida’s replacement up to PM, not Bersatu
MB: Don’t sell state land for quick gains
Peter Anthony respects court decision, will focus on fledgling KDM
Good lesson from cops for secondary school bikers
South Korea’s Jin Air flies to Sabah once again
Valuers: No arm-twisting when it came to land valuation
Bar to hold protest over MACC probe into judge

Others Also Read