Socso activates programmes for workers


PETALING JAYA: The Social Security Organisation (Socso) has opened applications for six programmes under Budget 2022 since Jan 1.

Socso said the programmes include the SIP Targeted Wage Subsidy (PSU 5.0) programme, which is open for application until March 31 with a financial incentive of RM600 per month per employee for three months, but limited to 500 people per enterprise.

It has also opened applications for the SIP Job Seeker Allowance+ (SIP EMP+), which will see financial assistance rendered to both Socso contributors and non-contributors.

Socso said the application is open for six months until June 30 for contributors while individuals who are not contributors will have until Dec 31 to apply.

“This programme aims to improve Socso’s benefits for employees who have lost their jobs or are unemployed on a long-term basis,” it said in a statement yesterday.

It added that applications are also open for the SPS Contribution Matching programme with assistance in the form of matching financing under the SKSPS Second Contribution Plan, which will be funded by the government at 80% (RM186.20), with the remaining 20% (RM46.60) to be paid by self-employed persons (OBS).

SKSPS is a scheme to provide a safety net for the self-employed.

“For this group from the category of Orang Asli, gig workers, hawkers, the disabled (OKU), tourism operators, artists, farmers and female entrepreneurs, they can apply for this incentive to be covered under SKSPS Socso for a year.

“Through SPS Khidmat, OBS who belong to the category of volunteer team members, Islamic houses of worship workers (under Jakim), supervisors, and community rehabilitation workers and civil servants with contract status are eligible to apply for this programme which is open until Dec 31,” it said.

In the JaminKerja-Employment Incentive programme, employers from all categories of industries registered under Socso before Jan 1 can enjoy a maximum incentive of RM36,000 per employee employed within 12 months.

Finally, the SIP Gig programme offers financial assistance of RM600 to RM800 per month for a maximum of six months to individuals working in the informal sector or the gig economy through a platform registered under Socso for a short period of time.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights
   

Next In Nation

Malaysian political leadership needs to be more 'maternal', says Zuraida
Enough fresh chicken to meet Kaamatan demand in Sabah
PKR polls: Rafizi edges ahead of Saifuddin in Melaka
Girl reported missing at raft house found drowned
Cannabis farm in Janda Baik: Cops seek to extend remand of ex-envoy's son
Five arrested, ecstasy pills worth RM26mil seized in KL condo raids
Saifuddin begins 8-day official visit to Sweden, Denmark, Norway
Covid-19: Over 1.16mil children in Malaysia fully vaccinated
Silat symbolic to community unity, says PM
PM wishes happy Journalists Day to media practitioners

Others Also Read