Floods: Victims in Pahang to get RM500 cash aid per household


  • Nation
  • Thursday, 23 Dec 2021

KUANTAN: The Pahang government will hand out special cash aid of RM500 to each household affected by floods in the state.

Mentri Besar Datuk Seri Wan Rosdy Wan Ismail said this was similar to the aid given to flood victims in the state last year.

He said those eligible to receive the aid would be classified under four categories.

They would be: victims moved to a relief centre; those who did not go to a relief centre but stayed at a relative's house; victims staying in rented homes; and those who decided not to move.

"Besides being a show of concern, the state government is making this contribution based on its ability and financial capability.

"This contribution of RM500 is considered appropriate in order to alleviate some of the burden borne (by the victims)," said Wan Rosdy.

The National Disaster Command Centre reported that there are currently 33,415 flood victims from 9,507 families in relief centres across nine districts in Pahang.

Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!
   

Next In Nation

Azmin has a tendency to ‘micromanage’, says Amirudin
Muhyiddin should assist MACC to locate son-in-law, says Fahmi
Explain why Kelantan can’t resolve water woes, Anwar asks PAS, Perikatan
Company owners to be charged with fraud in Tawau
Vincent Tan, Berjaya Land file RM200mil suit against Sanusi
Kudat MMEA detains two Filipinos for ferrying controlled items without permit
State polls: Talk about bringing down Federal Govt will not aid economic recovery, says Nik Nazmi
State polls: Don't miss out opportunities for a better life, Zahid tells Kelantan folk
Sanusi sues Saifuddin over REE theft allegations
Ipoh cops on the hunt for car thieves

Others Also Read