Six suspects arrested over murder of moneylender in Klang


KLANG: Six men have been detained to assist investigations into the murder of a moneylender here on Saturday (Nov 6).

South Klang police chief Asst Comm Shamsul Amar Ramli said the men were picked up in Klang and Banting from 6.30pm on Saturday until 2am on Sunday (Nov 7).

All six suspects were taken to the Klang Court to be remanded.

ACP Shamsul Amar Ramli said Klang Magistrate's Court registrar Sarina Sulaiman ordered the six men to be remanded for one day.

It is believed the police will seek to extend the remand order on Monday (Nov 8).

The 47-year-old moneylender at was killed in Bandar Bukit Tinggi 2 here.

"The suspects are aged between 27 and 54 and the motive of the incident is believed to be jealousy," said ACP Shamsul Amar.

In the incident which occurred on Saturday, the victim was attacked by three parang-wielding men when he was walking towards his car after having lunch with his sons aged 18 and 10, both of whom were unharmed.

The victim tried to escape his attackers but collapsed and died in front of a neighbouring restaurant.

Police also revealed that the deceased had a criminal record of seven prior offences.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Moneylender , Murder , Klang

   

Next In Nation

PAS denies rejecting Umno's seat offer
Witness tells court she met Bung, wife to discuss unit trust investment
Pork sold in Sabah clear of diseases, safe for consumption, says Kitingan
Dr Wee: Transport Ministry to conduct regular engagements with ehailing services
Fake news: No FT public holiday on Feb 3, viral image is untrue, says PM's Dept
Johor polls: State Bersatu plays down Muhyiddin's decision not to defend Gambir state seat
No placebos used under National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme, says Health Ministry
Perhilitan: Zero poaching cases last year
Umrah pilgrimages to resume on Feb 8, says Tourism Minister
Covid-19: Adults can walk in for booster jabs starting Jan 27

Others Also Read


Vouchers