KUALA LUMPUR: The police are still unable to locate the whereabouts of Muhammad Riduan Abdullah, the Muslim-convert ex-husband of M. Indira Gandhi, who disappeared with their youngest daughter, M. Prasana Diksa.
Home Minister Datuk Seri Hamzah Zainuddin (pic) said that it is believed that he is not in Malaysia and is not staying in any fixed location abroad, but is moving from one place to another to avoid detection, making it difficult for authorities to conduct investigations.
"The police are also cooperating with authorities in foreign countries to identify his location," said Hamzah in a Parliamentary reply dated Sept 22.
Hamzah was responding to a question by Batu Kawan MP Kasthuriraani Patto, who had asked about the investigations into the death of Customs Department officer Anisah Ali while on duty in 2016.
She had also asked for updates on the investigations on missing persons pastor Raymond Koh, Joshua Helmy and his wife Ruth Sitepu, and Amri Che Mat, as well as on Riduan.
Hamzah had replied that the police have no new leads into the case of the missing persons.
“The police is still continuing to investigate the disappearance of pastor Raymond Koh on the Kelana Jaya report 1540/2017, dated February 13, 2017, under Section 365 of the Penal Code (kidnapping or abduction of any person with the intent to cause that person to be secretly and wrongfully confined).
"So far, only one person has been charged in court on January 15, 2018, and will be tried on December 9, 2021. Investigations are also still ongoing to track down the victim," he said.
On Joshua, Ruth and Amri, he said that their cases had been classified as missing persons.
"Police have yet to get any new clues to track down the victims involved and the victims' families also did not receive any calls demanding ransom or other communications.
"Police are still working to track down the victims and the suspect," he said.
In the case of Anisah, who was a Customs Department officer killed in Pasir Mas, Kelantan in 2016 after her vehicle was rammed into by members of a “tonto” syndicate, Hamzah said the police are still conducting investigations.
"As such, I do not intend to comment further on this case in order to not interfere with the investigation," he said.
Hamzah added that the police had arrested six suspects and one was charged under section 201 of the Penal Code but was subsequently released without being called to defend himself in February 2019.
"The other suspects were released on bail, as there was no solid evidence to link their involvement to the case," he said.