Only 50 flood evacuees remain at relief centres in Perak


IPOH (Bernama): The number of flood evacuees in the Kerian district has dropped to 50 people from 17 families compared to 160 people from 43 families earlier on Saturday (Aug 28) morning.

A Fire and Rescue Department spokesman said in a statement on Saturday that the remaining evacuees were being housed at the relief centre at Sekolah Kebangsaan (SK) Alor Pongsu, adding that another relief centre at SK Changkat Lobak was closed at 5 pm when all 110 of the flood victims from 26 families returned home.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Scheduled water rationing in Kluang, Pontian ends
Chinese national feared drowned in Langkawi
Make mosques centres of unity, not exclusive domain of any group, says Pahang Sultan
Umno Supreme Working Council to decide on Bersatu members rejoining party, says Ahmad Maslan
3,685 flee homes as floods worsen in Sabah
Border control seizes RM1.9mil in animal products
Elderly woman stabbed by daughter with can opener in Johol
MMEA assures transparent probe into personnel misconduct
116 Bazaar Ramadan Rahmah held nationwide
M’sia eyes stronger ties with new PM

Others Also Read