BUTTERWORTH: The Apollo Market and Jalan Bunga Raya Food Court Complex that were ordered to close due to Covid-19 infections since July 30 will be allowed to reopen on Friday (Aug 6).
Seberang Prai City Council (MBSP) mayor Datuk Rozali Mohamud said all traders and workers of both premises have undergone swab tests.
"As of Thursday (Aug 5), there were 14 cases recorded at the food court and one at Apollo Market," he said in a statement.
Rozali however reminded traders and their workers who were still under the Health Ministry (MOH) supervision and those who have not completed their quarantine that they would not be allowed to conduct any activities at the two premises.
He said for traders with workers who were positive for Covid-19, they had been told to close their premises for 10 days starting from the day their workers were found positive.
“This is to reduce the risk of infection and re-spread of Covid19 in the locations.
“MBSP will not allow any traders who did not go for swab tests or obtain a letter of clearance from the MOH to resume their business activity,” he said.
Rozali also said only those who had undergone the RTK-Ag (antigen rapid test kit) or the RT-PCR (reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction) tests, and found negative, or completed their quarantine would be allowed to resume their business.
"MBSP will also review the MySejahtera profiles of traders or visitors to ensure that those under the low-risk category are only allowed to enter the premises," he said.
He hopes the full opening of business operations at the Jalan Bunga Raya Food Court Complex and Apollo Market would revive business activities there.
“The reopening will benefit all 184 traders and workers of both premises,” he said.
Early this year, Apollo Market was ordered to close for seven days due to non-compliance of Covid-19 standard operating procedures.