Lockdown extended from June 15-28


  • Nation
  • Friday, 11 Jun 2021

PUTRAJAYA: The nationwide lockdown will be extended for another two weeks from June 15-28, Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob announced.

He said the Health Ministry had presented its report and proposed to the National Security Council (NSC) chaired by the Prime Minister for the lockdown to be extended.

He said the number of Covid-19 cases was still above 5, 000 daily with the average new cases at 6, 871 as of Thursday (June 10).

“Therefore, the lockdown will be extended for another two weeks, effective from June 15 to 28, ” he said in a statement Friday (June 11).

He said the list of standard operating procedures (SOP) for manufacturing, businesses and industries remains unchanged as what had been announced.

The lists of dos and dont’s are available at the NSC website www.mkn.gov.my.

Article type: free
User access status:
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

Lockdown , Ismail Sabri , Covid-19

   

Next In Nation

Turkiye Embassy thanks Malaysian govt for swift assistance in deadly quake SAR
Turkiye earthquake: Malaysia sends 70 search and rescue personnel
Covid-19 Watch: 175 new infections bring total to 5,038,170
Malaysia to explore production of its own vaccines
Funding sought for more motorcycle lanes at Causeway
2,200 enforcers keeping a close eye to weed out profiteering
Policeman killed in road accident
Committee to raise funds to print one million copies of the Quran
Seamless integration to take off next
Bung proposes moving villagers to higher ground

Others Also Read