PETALING JAYA: Police are urging the public to not take matters into their own hands and allow the cops to fully investigate the incident in which a man was alleged to have attacked his two bodyguards for fasting.
"The police confirm that several video clips have surfaced online, calling for action to be taken against the suspect.
"Calls to take action from several people with elements of threats to 'declare war and surround Klang' were also found.
"Statements such as these can worsen the situation as well as disturb public order. Action can be taken under Section 504 of the Penal Code for intentional insult with the intent to provoke a breach of the peace," said Selangor police chief Comm Datuk Arjunaidi Mohamed (pic) in a statement on Friday (April 16).
He added that as of now, five suspects linked to the alleged attack had been arrested to assist in police investigation.
"Four were caught in South Klang, and the fifth was arrested in Dang Wangi. All have been remanded for five to seven days," he said.
Comm Arjunaidi also urged the public to not speculate on the matter and spread untrue news.
"The police also urge everyone to not take the law in their own hands," he said.