Top Glove says will no longer fire whistleblowers, opens helplines for workers


KUALA LUMPUR (Reuters): Malaysia's Top Glove Corp Bhd, site of the country's biggest virus outbreak of more than 5,000 cases, said on Wednesday (Dec 23) that whistleblowers will no longer face termination and three helplines for worker complaints had been established.

Reuters reported last week that 27-year-old Nepali worker Yubaraj Khadka was fired after raising concerns about the lack of social distancing at the factories.

Get 20% OFF The Star Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

RM 11.12/month

Billed as RM 11.12 for the 1st month, RM 13.90 thereafter.

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 9.87/month

Billed as RM 118.40 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Man found dead inside car in baling
PM Anwar praises national sepak takraw regu team after world cup triumph
Lack of clues slowing probe into brutal elephant killing, says Sabah state minister
My Rider campaign timely move to curb commuting mishaps, says Lee
Perak PKR wants PM to defend Tambun seat, says Mohamad Hairul
Teen killed, one injured in two-vehicle crash in Ayer Tawar
Lorry driver’s fake permit fuel run stopped
New Act secures pay for legal aid lawyers
Concerns over cost and time impact on GPs
Controlled diesel subsidies extended to pickup trucks

Others Also Read