MM2H immigration matters to be handled by Immigration Dept HQ from July 6


Datuk Khairul Dzaimee Daud. -filepic

PUTRAJAYA: All immigration matters pertaining to the Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) programme will be handled by the Immigration Department headquarters here starting July 6.

This was announced by Immigration director-general Datuk Khairul Dzaimee Daud amid reports that the MM2H office in the Tourism, Arts and Culture Ministry (Motac) had been closed and moved to the Immigration Department.

“All immigration matters related to the MM2H programme will be handled at the Immigration Department headquarters in Putrajaya, beginning July 6.

“Only applications to enter Malaysia will still go through Motac.

“All MM2H matters at the Immigration headquarters will fully utilise e-payment (credit/debit cards) transactions, ” said Khairul Dzaimee in a statement.

He also said appointments should be arranged online first at http://sto.imi.gov.my.

“For more information, the public can visit our official website and Facebook page, or call 03-8880 1555 for enquiries, ” he said.

Launched in 2002, the MM2H programme under Motac was aimed at attracting foreigners to invest and migrate to Malaysia.

Since its inception, the government has given approvals to some 48,000 foreigners to reside here under the programme.

MM2H participants enjoy the privilege of a Social Visit Pass, multiple entries over 10 years and renewable visa.

During the movement control order (MCO) lockdown period, many MM2H visa holders were stranded abroad as Malaysia banned entry by foreigners due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

However, MM2H visa holders were allowed to return on May 17, after the government began easing restrictions under the conditional MCO phase.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 46
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
Join our Telegram channel to get our Evening Alerts and breaking news highlights

Immigration Department , MM2H , HQ

   

Next In Nation

No Malaysians affected by Melbourne quake, says Consul General
Couples required to undergo Covid-19 screening before marriage solemnisation in Penang
Body of senior citizen found off Lukut after fishing mishap
Covid-19: Over 41 million vaccine doses given as of Wednesday (Sept 22)
Covid-19: Over half a million adolescents received at least one vaccine dose, says Khairy
Govt intensifying efforts to improve marketability of graduates, says Saravanan
Body of drowning victim in Batang Kali found
Sabah floods: 69 flood victims currently at two relief centres
Covid-19: Refer to ventilation system guides to prevent infection spread, says Health DG
Health Ministry's winding-up the expected focus in Parliament on Wednesday (Sept 23)

Stories You'll Enjoy


Vouchers