PETALING JAYA: Sunway Lagoon will be reopening its doors to the public once again this Saturday, after being closed since March 18.
Their workers have been preparing to ensure all safety requirements are in place at the Extreme Park, Water Park, Amusement Park, Scream Park and Nickelodeon Lost Lagoon.
Sunway Theme Parks’s executive director Calvin Ho said they had been ramping up efforts to ensure the highest safety and health standards set by the Health Ministry.
“We want to reassure our customers that Sunway Lagoon has always prided itself in maintaining the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene,” he said in a statement yesterday.
He noted the theme park, covering some 35ha with over 90 attractions, would only allow in 50% of its capacity to ensure social distancing.
“There is more than ample space for social distancing.
“Pool attendants will also be on hand to ensure that social distancing is adhered to,” he added.
Besides having an automatic chlorine stabilising system operational throughout the day, he said that pool water quality was doubled checked every two hours.
Ho added that every touch point at the theme park would also be sanitised while amusement park rides would be disinfected after every ride.
He said that guests would also have their temperature taken and must fill in a digital self-declaration form before entering Sunway Lagoon while wearing of face masks would be encouraged.
Ho noted that the park management would be monitoring closely the health and travel history of its employees.
Did you find this article insightful?
50% readers found this article insightful