Parents not encouraged to bring children out


PETALING JAYA: Parents should be more responsible when bringing their children out during the conditional movement control order (MCO) period although the law currently does not prevent them from doing so, says Senior Minister Datuk Seri Ismail Sabri Yaakob.

The Defence Minister has noticed that many parents are taking their children to shopping malls and public places during the conditional MCO period.

If the trend continues, he warned that the government may make it illegal to bring out children to such places.

“There are no restrictions (for parents) under the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act but be responsible. The safety of your children is your responsibility, ” he said at the daily briefing on conditional MCO measures.

The conditional MCO, which is a relaxation from the earlier phases, allows a maximum of four people to travel in a car, as well as most businesses to operate.

On another note, Ismail Sabri said there would be no more interstate travel as of yesterday – except for emergency cases with permission from the police.

“The interstate travel for those stranded in their hometowns and villages ended on May 10. The police received and approved 401,253 applications via the Gerak Malaysia app and manual police forms.

“The police had also set up 128 roadblocks nationwide to monitor interstate travel, ” Ismail Sabri said, pointing out that everything went according to plan.

The government allowed interstate travel for those stranded in their hometowns when the MCO was first announced on March 18 to return to the cities from May 7 to May 10 in batches.

Meanwhile, the monitoring on business premises by authorities continues under the conditional MCO.

“The task force headed by the police made 54,379 inspections on May 10 nationwide. Yesterday, they inspected 4,792 supermarkets, 3,684 restaurants, 8,308 factories and 2,423 banks as well as transport terminals for land, sea and air.

“The task force also inspected 20,928 private vehicles and 1,624 public transport vehicles, ” said Ismail Sabri.

Also inspected were 1,788 public markets, 2,832 places of worship, 1,168 parks and 335 construction sites.

He said this was to ensure these places followed the SOP set by the authorities.

The conditional MCO relaxed certain activities and most business operations, but with strict SOP such as registering names of customers and social distancing.

Ismail Sabri also said that all the face masks for 8.16 million households had been distributed to the district offices which would then send them to houses.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 1
Cxense type: free
User access status: 0
Subscribe now to our Premium Plan for an ad-free and unlimited reading experience!

coronavirus pandemic ,

   

Next In Nation

Underperforming contractors to face axe, says Sarawak Premier, 34 state projects critically delayed
Still unclear if teacher shortage to be addressed in Sabah before new term
Contractor pleads guilty to using false documents to obtain RM1.7mil tender
Higher education leaders need to be forward looking, agile and adaptable, says Perak Ruler
Tawau murder case: Six cops among seven expected to be charged on Feb 8
Lorry driver pleads guilty to damaging ATM in Lukut, gets RM1,200 fine
SAR ops for missing army commando resumes in Melaka
Port Dickson court fines two loan shark agents RM3,000 for intimidation, five months jail
Sentosa Perdana residents see no end to litterbugs in their community
14-year-old girl missing in Ipoh, family say she's been gone since mid-December

Others Also Read