Nobody conclusively identified, so no charges over Azmin sex video, says AG


  • Nation
  • Thursday, 09 Jan 2020

PETALING JAYA: No charges will be filed against individuals said to be involved in the sex video purportedly implicating Economic Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Azmin Ali, as none of them could be positively identified, says Tan Sri Tommy Thomas.

The Attorney General said findings from the US company which analysed the video revealed that none of the individuals implicated in the video could be positively identified, due to low resolution and lack of video frames.

This prevented the subjects from being seen clearly, he said.

"The police also received an analysis report (of the video) from a private individual, which also stated that no conclusive identification could be done based on facial recognition.

"Both findings are consistent with a Cyber Security report earlier last year," Thomas said in a statement on Thursday (Jan 9).

After taking into account the findings along with the statements recorded, the deputy public prosecutor recommended that no charges be filed, he added.

"I accepted the recommendation and decided not to prosecute anyone.

"As per normal procedure, investigation can be reopened if there are any new leads," he added.

On Monday (Jan 6), Bukit Aman CID director Comm Datuk Huzir Mohamed said the Attorney General’s Chambers (AGC) would soon issue a statement on the sex video purportedly of Azmin.

He said police had obtained an expert analysis of the video late last year, and this report, along with investigation papers, had since been forwarded to the Attorney General's Chambers (AGC).

He said investigators from the Special Investigation Unit (D5) met AGC officers on Monday afternoon to discuss the sex video, along with two other high-profile cases.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 18
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

sex video , Azmin Ali , Tommy Thomas

   

Did you find this article insightful?

Yes
No

Across the site