KUALA LUMPUR: PLUS Malaysia Bhd should rethink its decision to no longer provide Touch 'n Go reload facilities at all toll plaza exit lanes, says Datuk Seri Azmin Ali.
The Economic Affairs Minister said he hoped the PLUS management would reconsider their decision by taking into account the views of highway users.
"They should provide options for the convenience of the road users.
"I believe that the views of road users should be taken into account because the facility is there to make their journey on the highway more comfortable," he told reporters at the Parliament lobby on Thursday (Nov 7).
PLUS had announced earlier that reload facilities at all toll plaza exit lanes would be discontinued on Nov 5.
The move is aimed at reducing congestion caused by reload activities at toll plazas in the northern region (between Hutan Kampung and Ipoh Utara) and the southern region (between Seremban and Skudai).
It was also done to ensure the safety of PLUS customer service agents, as there had been several cases of heavy vehicles crashing into booths at the toll plaza.
Did you find this article insightful?