PUTRAJAYA: Eight individuals and entities slapped with compound notices by anti-graft authorities for receiving funds from 1MDB have agreed to pay up.
Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission deputy chief commissioner Datuk Seri Azam Baki (pic) said this constituted 10% of the 80 individuals and entities issued with the notice last week.
"For now, I will not reveal the amount that can be recovered from the 10%.
"Some have requested to pay in instalments," he said at a press conference on Friday (Oct 18).
Azam said 40% of those issued with the notices said they would be taking the matter to court. Another 45% would be appealing to the MACC.
"Three individuals refused to accept the compound notices but we served them anyway," he said.
On Oct 7, the MACC said it was seeking to recover RM420mil from 80 individuals and entities that received money from 1MDB.
Among those in the list was CIMB group former chairman Datuk Seri Nazir Razak, who is also the brother of former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak.
We're sorry, this article is unavailable at the moment. If you wish to read this article, kindly contact our Customer Service team at 1-300-88-7827. Thank you for your patience - we're bringing you a new and improved experience soon!