KUALA LUMPUR: Bukit Aman will call up those who controversial preacher Dr Zakir Naik alleged to have defamed him by next week, says Comm Datuk Huzir Mohamed.
The Bukit Aman CID director said police will record the statements of the men to assist investigations.
"We will definitely call them up by next week to record their statements.
"We want to settle the investigation as soon as possible," he told a press conference at the General Operations Force base in Cheras on Sunday (Sept 8).
Dr Zakir had previously lodged a report against Human Resources Minister M. Kula Segaran, Klang MP Charles Santiago, Bagan Dalam assemblyman Satees Muniandy, Penang Deputy Chief Minister II Dr P. Ramasamy and former ambassador Dennis J Ignatius for allegedly making defamatory statements against him.
Meanwhile, on the investigation into Dr Zakir's alleged racially-charged statements during a talk in Kelantan, Comm Huzir said the investigation papers have been forwarded to the Attorney General's Chambers for further action.
"We are waiting on the decision by the AG's Chambers," he said.
We're sorry, this article is unavailable at the moment. If you wish to read this article, kindly contact our Customer Service team at 1-300-88-7827. Thank you for your patience - we're bringing you a new and improved experience soon!