Lokman leaves Bukit Aman after having statement recorded


  • Nation
  • Friday, 26 Jul 2019

KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Lokman Noor Adam has left Bukit Aman after having had his statement recorded.

The Umno supreme council member left at about 12.40pm on Friday (July 26), after having arrived at the federal police headquarters at 10.15am.

“My statement took 25 minutes to be recorded, but the long wait was because the Bukit Aman CID director was discussing with his men on whether to arrest me or not,” he told media members gathered outside.

Lokman added that he told the police that he would bring all relevant evidence in connection with the sex video implicating Economic Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Azmin Ali if he is charged in court.

He had been summoned to Bukit Aman following allegations he made against the Inspector-General of Police Datuk Seri Abdul Hamid Bador pertaining to the latter's handling of the investigation into the sex video.

He argued that it was unacceptable that Azmin has not been detained so far in the course of the investigation following a detailed analysis of the video by CyberSecurity Malaysia (CSM).

Lokman also called on the IGP to resign from the post, claiming that he had lied about the investigation.

On July 18, Abdul Hamid said CSM had determined that the video was likely authentic but it could not conclusively identify the men involved through facial recognition software.

The IGP said a police report had been lodged against Lokman and he would let his men investigate it.


Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 7
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3
   

Across The Star Online