PASIR SALAK: Economic Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali has reiterated his decision not to name the mastermind behind the circulation of the sex video that implicated him.
“What I know is that there are hidden hands who spent big for this attack (on me).
“I will leave it to the authorities to investigate,” he told reporters after a programme with Felcra members in Seberang Perak here yesterday.
It was first reported that a sex video clip had surfaced on social media last month, followed by a confession by former Santubong PKR Youth chief Haziq Abdullah Abdul Aziz who claimed to be one of the two men in the video clip, the other was allegedly Azmin.
The police then detained several people, including Farhash Wafa Salvador Rizal Mubarak, who is PKR president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim’s political secretary and Perak PKR chief.
Inspector-General of Police Datuk Abdul Hamid Bador had said on Thursday there was a high probability the video was authentic but CyberSecurity Malaysia could not identify those in the video through facial recognition.
In Putrajaya, party secretary-general Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail said leaders should use internal platforms to discuss problems.
“I am a founding member of PKR since April 1999. I was among the first leadership council members so I can be considered an orang lama (old timer).
“I am someone who holds true to discipline within an organisation. So I believe there is no conflict that cannot be resolved through internal party discussions.
“The party has provided enough platforms for all leaders and members to discuss and raise issues internally.
“Between making public statements to the media or discussing it in our political bureau or leadership council, I think the latter is a much better mechanism to resolve whatever problems we have,” said Saifuddin to reporters here yesterday.
Did you find this article insightful?