RM100mil civil suit filed by Altantuya's family adjourned to June 24


Altantuya, 28, is believed to have been shot dead before her body was blown to bits with explosives at a secondary forest near the Subang Dam in Puncak Alam, Shah Alam in 2006.

SHAH ALAM (Bernama): The RM100mil civil suit filed by Mongolian model Altantuya Shaariibuu's family over her death in 2006 has been adjourned to June 24.

Justice Datuk Vazeer Alam Mydin Meera granted the adjournment in chambers Tuesday (June 11) following the application of the plaintiffs' lawyer Sangeet Kaur Deo.

Sangeet told reporters when met that the plaintiffs needed the postponement to retrieve a number of  case exhibits that were earlier tendered at the trial.

"The exhibits are likely being kept by the court because when the trial concluded at the end of 2009; the previous judge had asked the court to keep them,” she said.

On June 4, 2007, Altantuya's father Dr Shaariibuu Setev and his wife Altantsetseg Sanjaa, as well as two of their grandsons Mungunshagai Bayarjargal and Altanshagai Munkhtulga, sued two former policemen Azilah Hadri and Sirul Azhar Umar, political analysis Abdul Razak Abdullah Baginda and the Malaysian government.

However, Altanshagai Munkhtulga's name was removed as plaintiff following his death two years ago.

Sangeet also informed the court that the plaintiffs were going to file an additional affidavit.

It relates to a media report on a statement by the previous inspector-general of police that the investigation paper on the murder of Altantuya had been sent to the Attorney General's Chambers. – Bernama

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

Bersatu crisis: Raub, Lipis divisions dissolved today
Smooth traffic reported on several main highways as at 9.40pm
Health Ministry accelerates efforts to strengthen food safety control to achieve target by 2030
Pahang Sultan, Tengku Ampuan express sadness, sympathy at Trooper Indiran's death
Perak urges use of reusable bags ahead of ban on single-use plastics
Ramadan bazaars: A beloved annual tradition for Malaysians
Bersatu appoints new task force to restructure divisions, wings
Madani govt component parties must strengthen cohesion to realise people's mandate, says Zaliha
US tariff ruling lifts market sentiment, positive for M'sian markets, say economists
Amanah looks at contesting 20 seats in Johor polls, subject to talks within PH, says state party chief

Others Also Read