Coroner visits site as Muhammad Adib inquest enters day two

  • Nation
  • Tuesday, 12 Feb 2019

SUBANG: Day two of the inquest into the death of fireman Muhammad Adib Mohd Kassim continued Tuesday (Feb 12) with a visit by coroner Rofiah Mohamad to the site of the riots, the Seafield Sri Maha Mariamman Temple.

The reason for the visit was for the inquest team to gain a clearer picture of what transpired at the scene on the night of Nov 26 to the early morning of Nov 27 last year (2018).

Rofiah was joined by the team from the Attorney General's Chambers led by DPP DPP Hamdan Hamzah, the team representing Muhammad Adib's family led by lawyer Mohd Kamaruzaman A. Wahab, and lawyer Syazlin Mansor, who is representing the Housing and Local Government Ministry at the inquest.

Witnesses from day one of the inquest, firemen Md Elliza Mohd Noor, Ahmad Sharil Othman, and policeman DSP Mohamad Nasir Drahman were also there to brief the group on their experiences during the hours when Muhammad Adib was injured in the line of duty.

Rofiah and the inquest team arrived at about 11.15am at the junction in front of the temple, where the Fire and Rescue Department fire truck and the department's Emergency Medical Rescue Services (EMRS) van arrived that night to put out a vehicle on fire at the site.

The inquest team spent about 40 minutes at the scene, listening to the witnesses describe the events of the night of Nov 26 and the early morning of Nov 27 last year.

They then moved to the SS17 Subang Jaya fire station at 12pm to inspect the two vehicles, the fire truck and EMRS van, that were involved in the incident.

The team spent about 45 minutes at the fire station.

The inquest will continue in the afternoon at the Shah Alam Sessions Court.

Muhammad Adib, 24, was critically injured when he and his team from the Subang Jaya fire station responded to an emergency at the temple where riots were happening last November.

He was taken to Subang Jaya Medical Centre before being transferred to the National Heart Institute (IJN) for further treatment.

He passed away on Dec 17 at 9.41pm at IJN.

Article type: metered
User Type: anonymous web
User Status:
Campaign ID: 7
Cxense type: free
User access status: 3

Across The Star Online