PETALING JAYA: Property developer Eco World has confirmed that there was a "localised" failure of a slab at one of their building sites in Bukit Bintang.
The incident occurred at 8.23pm on Friday (Jan 25) at the Bukit Bintang City Centre.
There were no injuries to anyone or damage to any property, said the developer.
"The relevant authorities were informed and investigations to identify the root cause of the incident were undertaken immediately.
"In the meantime, the affected area was cordoned off whilst works continued as normal on other parts of the site which were not affected by the incident," EcoWorld said in a statement on Monday (Jan 28).
They added that the site has received the go ahead from the Department of Health and Safety to proceed with clearing of the area on Tuesday (Jan 29).
Pictures of the collapsed slab had been circulating on social media.