Wisma Putra advises Malaysian visitors in Southern Thailand to remain vigilant


Thai security personnel guard an area following a bomb attack at a civilian volunteer base by suspected separatists the night before, in the Rangae district in the southern province of Narathiwat on December 29, 2018. - Thailand's Muslim-majority "deep south" region saw a spike in coordinated bomb and grenade attacks by suspected insurgents against the military and police in the lead-up to the new year, an official said on December 29. (Photo by Madaree TOHLALA / AFP).

PUTRAJAYA (Bernama): The Foreign Ministry has advised Malaysians residing in Thailand or travelling to the country to remain vigilant and exercise caution at all times, in the wake of bomb explosions and shooting incidents in the country's southern provinces.

Wisma Putra said bomb explosions and shootings had been reported in different parts of Narathiwat and Songkhla.

The Star Festive Promo: Get 35% OFF Digital Access

Monthly Plan

RM 13.90/month

Best Value

Annual Plan

RM 12.33/month

RM 8.02/month

Billed as RM 96.20 for the 1st year, RM 148 thereafter.

Follow us on our official WhatsApp channel for breaking news alerts and key updates!

Next In Nation

US tariff ruling lifts market sentiment, positive for M'sian markets, say economists
Amanah looks at contesting 20 seats in Johor polls, subject to talks within PH, says state party chief
Fire razes 10 houses in Kota Belud, families moved to relief centre
DAP members, leaders must respect outcome of special congress, says Chow
Ramanan lauds SJKT Ladang Kinrara's success at international youth STEM event
Man nabbed while trying to steal railway cables between Kempas Baru, Kulai
Tengku Panglima Perang Pahang visits family of late Trooper Indiran
Govt has improved Armed Forces procurement procedures, says Defence Minister
Beware fake MACC article on scam site posing as The Star
Sabah flood evacuees increase to 4,652 in northern districts

Others Also Read